Schedule an Email to be Sent Later in Gmail
With Gmelius, you can easily schedule emails to be sent at the date and time of your choosing. Scheduled emails can be sent once or as part of a recurring sequence. This functionality lets you decide when your emails will reach your recipient’s inbox, increasing the likelihood that they will be opened, read, and answered.
By scheduling emails, you can:
- Send emails at a time when they are most likely to be opened and read
- Account for differences in timezone when sending messages
- Avoid missing a birthday or anniversary
- Write work-related emails whenever you have time and schedule them to be sent first thing in the morning
The email scheduling functionality is activated by default under your Gmelius dashboard.
When you compose or reply to an email, simply click on the clock icon
Send button to select the date and time of your choice.
There are 3 ways to set the time and date of when the email will be sent out:
Click on the
Select date and time menu item and choose a date and time from the calendar view. You can specify a time zone if you want your scheduled time to match your recipient’s time zone.
By default, Gmelius offers a number of commonly used pre-set time slots that let you schedule messages in just one click. To customize your own pre-set times, go to your Gmelius Productivity settings and select
Customize preset times from the Schedule email menu.
To quickly schedule an email, use natural language to type when you want the email to be sent. For instance, if you want an email sent in two hours, just type “in 2 hours.” All date and time expressions are understood: minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, etc.
TIP: To avoid sending all of your scheduled emails at the same time, you can set an approximate time. To do this, type the keyword “around” and the time of your choosing, and your messages will be sent within +/- 15 minutes of your scheduled time.
Recurring emails are just like scheduled emails but will be sent more than once. For example, you can schedule a monthly recurring email to remind an employee to submit her monthly expense report.
After you click on the clock icon
Send button, select
Set recurring email:
You can choose from the following options:
- Frequency: How often the message will be sent (e.g. every day, week, month, or year)
- Send time: The time the message will be sent
- Start & end date: Choose when to schedule and when to stop the recurring sequence. Choose a specific date or a fixed number of occurrences, or let it run indefinitely
- Time zone: Specify a time zone if you want your sending date and time to match your recipient’s time zone.
- Weekdays only: Check this box if you want your sequence to skip weekends and only deliver your messages on weekdays. Messages that would have been sent over a weekend will be postponed to the following Monday.
When you’ve finished creating your sequence, click on the
Your scheduled messages will be moved to the
Draft folder until they are sent.
To edit the date and time of a scheduled message or the rules of a recurring email, open the message and click on the blueicon.
At Gmelius, we’ve worked hard to make scheduling emails as easy and intuitive as possible.
With our Gmail scheduler, you can write both personal and professional emails at a time that makes the most sense for you, and you can be sure that those emails will be sent at an optimal time for your recipient.Get Gmelius Now arrow_forward