Email Templates for Gmail
Looking for a quick way to create and send repetitive emails? Gmelius lets you automate these tasks with reusable templates.
Templates can be as simple as inserting the same pre-defined text into emails. More complex templates allow you to automatically insert the first and last name of a recipient, adjust the subject line, add labels, etc.
You can use email templates to save time on repeated tasks. For example:
- Sending an email in just one click
- Automatically personalize quotes you send to your clients with the name of your recipient
- Automatically add a label and Cc recipients based on rules you define
The email templates functionality is activated by default under your Gmelius dashboard.
To create a new email template, go to the Template section of your Gmelius settings and click on the the
+ red icon located on the bottom right of the page.
Here is a summary of your availble options when creating a template:
- Template name: Choose an easy-to-remember name for the template.
- Hashtag: Use a hashtag in the subject line to automatically insert the template.
- Subject: Set a subject line in this field.
- Body: Add formatted text in this field. Note that you can add a number of variables, such as the name and email of your recipients, that will be automatically inserted.
Gmelius email templates also offer the following optional advanced settings:
- Send from: Set which address to send the template from if you manage more than one email address from your mailbox.
- Label as: Automatically categorize emails you send by adding a label of your choice.
- Add Bcc/Cc recipients: Include other recipients automatically.
- Automatically send the email: Choose to automatically send the message when all actions associated with the template are completed. (Use with caution.)
- Category settings: Organize your templates into different categories to match your workflow.
To edit a template, click on its name to select it, make the necessary changes, and click the
Save changes button to confirm your edits.
When composing or replying to an email, the easiest way to insert a template is to click on theicon and select the template you wish to use.
Alternatively, you can type the hashtag associated with a particular email template in the subject line.
If you are subscribed to our Business tier, you can share your templates with your team.
To share a template, enter the email addresses of the people you want to share with under “Sharing settings”. Please note that they will also need to have an active Gmelius account and subscribe to the Business tier.
Gmail offers a feature that lets you insert canned response, but they are limited to plain text. On the other hand, Gmelius templates lets you quickly create and send intelligent, formatted templates.Get Gmelius Now arrow_forward